The Musical Nomads opened their Cuenca home tonight for an evening of art, music and food. They are one of our favorite local bands, performing "Classic Hits For All Occasions" (the byline on their business card).
They had a sold-out crowd for the event. Everyone first socialized while walking around the improvised art gallery, then sat and listened to the Nomads. The second half of the music cleared the chairs and the dancing started.
Two artists were displaying their work, Dale Lance as a painter and Tom McNaughton showing metalwork.
Almost all the songs played by the Musical Nomads tonight were ones I have in my iTunes collection. They included such songs as:
- People Are Strange (The Doors)
- Ode to Billie Joe (Billy Gentry)
- The House of the Rising Sun (The Animals)
- Africa (Toto)
- Fever (Peggy Lee, and others)
- Stuck in the Middle with You (Stealers Wheel)
- Amie (Pure Prairie League)
- Moondance (Van Morrison)
- Hey Good Looking (Hank Williams)
- Sweet Home Alabama (Lynrd Skynrd)
- ... and on and on...
Here they performed Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard (Paul Simon) tonight for us.